Introduction: Seafood Stir-Fry Ramen Noodles
Instant ramen is all-too-familiar for many university students. However, instant ramen noodles can get boring, so I decided to challenge myself and spice it up. I was inspired by asian stir fried noodles that are quite common in many Chinese food restaurants. So, I decided to replicate one using ramen noodles instead of rice noodles.
Step 1: Ingredients
* 2 packs of Ramen Noodles
* Korean Fishballs
* Imitation Crabmeat
* Carrots, Bell Peppers, and other vegetables in your fridge
* Cooking Oil
* Hoisin Sauce
* Soy Sauce
* Cutting board and Knife
* Small pan
Step 2: Mise En Place
* Chop the carrots and bell peppers to small, thin slices.
* Slice the crabmeat to quarters, once lengthwise and once laterally.
* Slice the fishballs to small pieces like shown above
Step 3: Boil the Ramen Noodles
* In a pot boil water using medium heat.
* Once boiling, add the dried instant ramen noodles to the pot of boiling water.
* Add the dried vegetables mix into the noodle-hot-water mix along with the carrots and bell peppers
* Turn off when the noodles are soft and drain the water
Step 4: Pan Fry the Seafood
* Heat up a small non stick pan on medium heat
* Add a couple of teaspoons of cooking oil
* Pan fry the crabmeat and fishballs until cooked, then set aside.
Step 5: Fry the Noodles
* Add oil to the walk about a centimetre deep
* Deep fry the ramen noodle mix until it's brown and slightly crispy
Step 6: Add the Seafood and Condiments
* Add the seafood to the pan of fried noodles
* Add a teaspoon of salt, sugar, and soy sauce
* Add two tablespoon of Hoisin sauce
* Add the two packets of dry powder that came with the ramen mix for spicy noodles.
* Mix well
Enjoy your dish!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.