Introduction: See Electrons With a Naked Eye!!!
I am Rishabh...A 16 year old guy from India fond of Electronics..
This is my first Instructable. I came across a Science exploration contest so i decided to post what I accidentally discovered while Experimenting(Or you can call it just to go deep into functioning of various gadgets and appliances)
So this is my first DIY Instructable...Please vote if you like the idea
Many people are fond of just having a look at electrons but they could not afford to buy expensive Electron microscopes which would be useless after they see those tiny Particles!!!
So here is the INEXPENSIVE way of having a glimpse of Electrons..
Caution:-The components of the Television might cause Injury or Electric Shock..Do Not Touch The Components Other Than Specified...
Step 1: Gathering the Required Materials
The Materials I have used can be easily either bought from a hardware store or could be found at your home.
Here is a List of all those Things
1. A compasses(Geometrical) and a Divider[You can even use any conductor pieces as substitute]
2. A Screw Driver[Or any other thing with a plastic coating on one end and conductor on the other.]
4. A Long Copper wire(for Earthing)
5. Two Aluminium Keys[Any Aluminium/Zinc Conductors]
6. A Working/Non-Working T.V.[Picture Tube Must BE Working]
Step 2: Preparing for the Experiment
• Preparing the T.V. and -ve Plate
1. Remove the Back Cover of the T.V. and locate a Black Cap like thing near the back of screen(Shown in Picture)
2. Connect the Aluminium/Zinc conductor to this cap by placing it above the cap.(shown in Pic 2)
3. Connect the compass and divider to this key's hole.
4. Now connect these to the Pliers so that it holds the arrangement in place.
5. Now place another key(Conductor) on the pliers.
• Preparing the Earthing +ve Plate
1. Take the copper wire and wind/solder it around the conductive part of screw driver.
2. Keep the other end of the copper wire in contact with the Earth.(Simlpy just hold it beneath your shoe)
Step 3: The Final Showdown
Now comes the most Interesting part.....
1. Hold the screw driver(with wire for earthing) and bring it close to the Aluminium/Zinc conductor..
2. Adjust it's position so tjat you could see tiny light bands going from conductor to the screw driver...
These bands are clusters of electrons that quickly move to the +ve plate...
Thankyou for Reading....
If you feel like voting ,Please Encourage.....
The experiment is shown in video. You can have a Look at that.
The link for video is:-
The Experiment is an original idea and subject to copyrights. Kindly contact before using commercially...
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.