My last greenhouse was overcome with mold, so to prevent giveing the mold a place to live I ended up throwing it out. However I wanted to start new seeds soon and I am working on a limited budget so making a trip to the local hydroponics store was out of the question. I was able to make a new one with materials on hand in the true diy style
Step 2: Prepare Pan
Then, I covered the pan with plastic sheeting that I also had on hand ( dont ask me from where though ). I used hot glue to attach it, the glue was too hot so the plastic melted. If you have epoxy on hand that would have been better, but the whole point was not to have to leave the house and not spend money...
Step 3: Create the Stands for the Sides
I started by cutting off the top of a pop bottle. Then I cut the remainder lengthwise so that they could be used as supports.
Step 4: Add Supports to the Pan
Attach sides to the pan. Thus ending the assembly part of the pan.
Step 5: Create the Dome
I dont actually know if the green color of a greenhouse actually matters for starting seeds. But I do know the purpose of this is to keep a high moisture level in the greenhouse. Lucky for me ziplock baggies are green-ish colored. The top took four large baggies to get enough scrap. This was one of the only ways that I thought could cover all of the area with the least amount of bags. Again the hot glue melted the bags, but it could seal the holes just as quickly... The idea here is to create an air tight seam so that you can keep moisture in.
Step 6: Finished.
I haven't gotten a chance to test this out fully, but the seeds will be finished soaking by tomorrow. Then ill start germinating. In a week or so ill be able to start trying this guy out. At that point ill update it again.
On a second note, this is my first instructable though I have been watching the site for quite a while now. So, feel free to lamblast the thing if you can find any valid reason to. Tell me what you think!