Below is a design for a "self-harvesting" vermi-compost bin.
The materials were sourced from recycled lumber and fencing. The only purchased item was a metal shank used for the "slicing" action that we will see later on.
• Skill saw/Jig saw
• about 16 ft. of (depending on how big you want it) 2x12's
• box of 1.5 inch screws
• 4 foot steel shank
• something that can bore a hole in metal...preferably fixed drill-press.
• 4 2x4's cut to 3 ft. each (legs)
• 2 2x4's for corner bracing + leg support
• Deer Fencing (12ft area - two sheets)
• Staple Gun