Below is a design for a "self-harvesting" vermi-compost bin.
The materials were sourced from recycled lumber and fencing. The only purchased item was a metal shank used for the "slicing" action that we will see later on.
• Skill saw/Jig saw
• about 16 ft. of (depending on how big you want it) 2x12's
• box of 1.5 inch screws
• 4 foot steel shank
• something that can bore a hole in metal...preferably fixed drill-press.
• 4 2x4's cut to 3 ft. each (legs)
• 2 2x4's for corner bracing + leg support
• Deer Fencing (12ft area - two sheets)
• Staple Gun
Step 1: Measure and Cut
Cut your 2x12's into 4- 4ft pieces + 4- 3ft pieces (3ft piece below)
Cut a rough estimate for your deer fencing (the bottom area of your 4X3 bin)...you will need to modify the fence as you apply it to allow the bin-legs to fit through.