I currently have the Cambridge Great Internet Migratory Box of Electronic Junk, from which I salvaged a 12V white CCFL that I think was the light in a scanner, so decided to make this lightbox self-illuminating to remove the need to point lights at the outside or mess around with slave flashes. The whole thing is self-contained and only needs a 12V power source to light itself.
Step 1: Materials Needed
- A large cardboard box- mine held a duvet and measures roughly 18" x 15" x 12"
- A cardboard box long enough to hold your CCFL. I used a shoebox
- Enough white paper to cover four sides of your large box
- Permanent marker
- Something for a diffuser material, eg. paper or a white plastic bag.
- A white CCFL and inverter
The large box will be our lighting stage, open at the front. The shoebox will house the CCFL above a window in the top of the "stage" box, with a diffuser separating the two to provide soft light into the stage.