I made this at the TechShop. They have all the tools and wire/solder for your use. It makes this easy.
Step 1: Items Required
- 3x 1.5v small button cell batteries. (This leaves you with 4.5v power.)
- One High Brightness White LED. Mine is rated for 3.4-4v max, so we overdrive it slightly.
- One Tact Switch. Be careful on the size. I show 5mm height in the picture, but the ones I used were slightly taller.
- Light Bulbs. Small cheap ones. Burned out ones work better since they're free. The white frosted ones look better but are easier to leave marks on the inside.
- Wire. Don't need much.
- Electrical Tape
- Soldering Iron, Wire cutters/strippers, helping hands, etc.
- Hot Glue Gun