- Raw materials you'll need:
- 3/8" thick acrylic sheet (Mcmaster P/N-8774K41)
- 5/8 Diameter metal rod, I'll explain later
- #10-32 Soc Hd cap screws (Mcmaster P/N-90128A940)
- 1/4-20 Soc Hd set scr (Mcmaster P/N-91375A533)
- #5-40 Soc Hd cap screws (Mcmaster P/N-91251A130)
- 0.5" DIA X 12" Lg PVC pipe (98 cents at Home depot)
- .5" x .5" x 1" piece of aluminum/CRS
- .25 x .25 x 2" piece of aluminum/CRS
This is all necessary to begin the mechanical fabrication, feel free to substitute any or all the fasteners to suit whatever you have on hand as these are just the sizes I used on mine. Just to give you an idea of what we will be constructing see the images below. Next up, manufacturing!
Oh and to give you a taste of the firing rate check this video out, it misfired a few times but that is just because the stepper motor limit switches weren't wired up yet.