Introduction: Set Up a Complete Kitchen for $100
Who wants to spend money fixing up a rental apartment? I spend hours in my kitchen because I love to cook, so my kitchen has to be set up well. I like things to be efficient and practical, but still be fun and attractive. Here's my kitchen. It cost about $125 to set up, furniture and all.
Step 1: Aquire Furniture: Have It Given to You
1. Always help people move. They're often giving away stuff they don't want to deal with. Sometimes you can even use the moving truck to move any big stuff to your place which is a plus!
2. Let everyone know what you're looking for. You would be surprised how many people are actively getting rid of things and want it to go to a good home. If someone gives you something, that generally means they don't want it anymore. So really its a win-win for all involved. The givers get rid of some clutter and get to feel good about it. You get something awesome for your new house and you get to feel awesome about it too!
3. Keep your eye to alleys and watch out at the end of driveways for thrown away goodies. Its great getting free stuff, and you get excellent bragging rights.
4. Keep an eye out for good second hand stuff. Thrift stores, garage sales, and Craigs List are great places to look. Check out BackGarage one of my favorite blogs which gives great hints for finding used furniture.
5. Marry someone rich and have them buy everything for you. I am still working on this one.