Step 1: Software Required
Downloading Raspbian and writing the image to the SD card:
1. Download the latest version of Raspbian
2. You will need an image writer to write the image of Raspbian onto the SD card. So, you’ll need to download win32 disk imager
3. Insert the SD card into your laptop/computer and run Win32 Disk Imager. Once you’ve opened it, browse and select the downloaded Raspbian image file. Select the SD card and click Write.
4. Once it’s done writing, eject the SD card and insert it into your Raspberry Pi, and turn it on.
Step 2: Configuration of RaspverryPi
Before starting the process please follow these points.
- Connect your raspberry pi to the monitor with HDMI cable
- Connect your Raspberry pi with wifi adapter, keyboard and mouse
1. When the raspberry Pi boots up for the first time you should be greeted with a screen called Setup Options.
If you miss the setup screen you can always get it by typing the following command in the terminal:
a. On this screen you should Expand Filesystem(This ensures that the entire SD will be used)
2. Updating the firmware: Once you are on the desktop, open up the terminal and enter the follow command to update the firmware.
Step 3: Possibility With Raspberry Pi
your raspberry pi is ready for use.
- you can use it for learning coding with scratch software
- you can do physical computing with some sensors.
- creative coding to create interesting thing
- you can create a small server for your local network or global network
possibility with raspberry pi is infinite