This bag seriously holds a ton of stuff.
If anything isn't clear, please ask. :)
Step 1: Materials and Supplies
- For the template, you will need a piece of cardstock or construction paper about the size of your back. Tape two pieces together if you need to.
- For the body of the bag, you will need about half a yard each of the shell and lining materials, from 45" cloth.
- For the strap: Measure from your right hip, over your left shoulder, and back down to your right hip, and add 12 inches. This is the length of strap material you will need. The width is 6 inches. Yes, you have to buy a lot of fabric and will have a lot left over, but Jo-Ann's has coupons every week so it won't be too expensive.
- Notions: thread to match lining and shell; depending on which closure style you choose you will need two D rings or two buttons and some elastic cord.
- The usual miscellaneous things: pen, scissors, pins, etc.