It's a great beginner's sewing project and a fantastic way to use up scrap fabric! And it's the perfect size for all the necessities - chapstick, cellphone, bank cards, cash... it can all fit in there!
I've also got some of these listed in my etsy store if you'd like to go that route: making jiggy by jessyratfink
Step 1: What you'll need:
- 2 - 6.5 x 8.5 in pieces of cotton fabric for lining
- 2 - 6.5 x 8.5 in pieces of cotton fabric for outside
- 1 - 2 x 14-16 in piece for strap
- 1 button (I like the ones you can cover yourself!)
- 1 small piece of ric rac, tshirt fabric, or elastic for closure, less than 5 inches long.
- needle and thread OR sewing machine
The length of your strap depends on how big you'd like it - I like mine to be longer so that I can wear the clutch higher up on my arm, in the crook of my elbow, with lots of extra room.