Step 4: Frame and port
- Cut a disk of plywood 2 inches wider than the outer diameter of your port
- Cut a smaller circle in your disk of plywood just wide enough to barely squeeze in your port, you want it to be really, really tight.
- Squeeze in the port pipe and if you haven’t all ready, attach your 90 degree angle and down pipe. Don’t glue in the port though, you still need to remove it prior to skinning
- Cut out your 4 legs. The 2 rear should be matching and the 2 front should be matching. i would put a pattern but really these are swoopy shapes that were cut free hand, all you need is the height and go from there.
- Sand a smooth radius on the outer corners
- Using wood screws attach the legs to the base, then screw it to the disk.