Here is a video of the mower cutting grass once it is all sharp.
Step 1: Basics
The blades make a spiral so they are only cutting in one small spot at a time.
Here are the basic steps:
- Make it so the blades rotate the wrong way
- Put grinding compound on the blades, this makes the blades into there own sharpening stones
- Push the mower around until it is easy, this is called lapping (maybe reverse lapping...)
- Wash off the grinding compound
- Make the blades so they go the right way again
- Mow the lawn
Step 4: Swap the gears
Now it will run backwards.
Step 6: Adjust the fixed blade
You want to make it so the fixed blade is touching the reel blades, so that it is hard to rotate the blades (but not impossible).
Step 7: Apply grinding compound
They have this at auto parts stores and on amazon: Valve Grinding Compound
Step 8: Push the mower backwards