Step 1: Gather Materials
• Clamp (If using a grinder this may not be needed.)
Table Clamp OR C-Clamp
• Safety Glasses (Really only necessary if using grinder.)
• Ratchet (Or some kind of wrench)
• Screwdriver (Or something to clean the blade.)
• Bolt & Nut (Optional)
• Leather Gloves
• Block of Wood
The file and grinder are not both required. Can be done with one or the other, or both.
Step 2: Get to the Blade
1. Remove or disconnect the spark plug.
Warning: There is a chance the motor is at the top of its compression stroke and with a little bump could turn over causing the blade to spin under power.
2. Locate the carburetor
The throttle cables run to it. Another reference may be the primer, or little bulb, that you push before you start your mower.
3. Turn the mower on its side with the carburetor up.
Caution: Gas cap could have an air hole in it so you may leak gas.