Introduction: Shiitake and Cremini Fried Rice (and an Omelette on Top)
This is part two of a two part recipe instructable, the other being the sauce+omelette instructable that you can find here: https://www.instructables.com/id/Lava-Omelette-and....
This instructable focuses on a delicious shiitake fried rice that goes perfectly as a foundation for the omelette, but can also hold its own as a separate dish, or mixed with other dishes. Rice is well known to be the most loved source of carbo for east asian cultures, and one of its strongest points is its ability to accentuate the scent of other ingredients. Hence, mushrooms and rice makes such a great combo together, bringing you truly amazing aroma and taste.
Step 1: Ingredients
- cooked rice
- 2 shiitake
- 4 cremini
- olive oil
Additionally, have some of the sauce in the previous instructable ready to use.
Step 2: Cutting Board Work
- Finely dice scallion
- wash and cut shiitake and cremini into 2mm-thick slices
Step 3: Saute the Mushrooms
In a hot pan under medium heat:
- add 2 tbsp of olive oil
- toss in the mushrooms, stir vigilantly as you let it brown evenly
- add scallion and brown that slightly too.
Step 4: Frying the Rice
- Dump 1/2 bowl of cooked rice into the pan (or whatever amount you can comfortably fit)
- add some more oil if need, break apart large chunks as much as possible
- add 4 tbsps of the homemade tonkatsu sauce
- mix and stir as you cook the rice for 8 minutes.
Step 5: Setting the Plate and Serving
- Remove rice from pan and place into a bowl
- press down and round out the rice
- flip the bowl onto a plate to get a nicely rounded rice dome
- (with the omelette made in part 1 instructable) place omelette on top
- add 3-4 tbsp of sauce
- garnish with basil leave flakes.
- Serve and enjoy!