Step 1: Getting Materials
1. At least 4 feet of string. Not counting the string needed for the kite
2. A kite with a large surface area
3. 2 fishing clips, as shown in the picture.
4. Strong plywood or fiberglass sheets, as shown in the picture
5. 2 perfect Popsicle sticks (ones without flaws).
6. A small lightweight camera.
7. Super glue. If using fiberglass sheets like I did ONLY use superglue. It works fantastically and strengthens it.
8. Stick on Velcro.
9. small rubber bands. I used the kind the orthodontist gives you.
10. A drill.
11. Drill bits.
13. A jigsaw. Or a laser cutter if available.
14. Spare jigsaw blades. I went through 3 trying to cut the fiberglass.
What is SUGGESTED:
1. 2 small pulleys
2. Nice kite reel
Step 2: Cutting the Fiberglass/ Ply Wood
The picture with the most detail will be used as a place to know where to drill, and where to glue.
Step 3: Glueing Everything
Step 4: Putting the Camera Mount On
Also sticky Velcro on top of the camera mount, so that the camera will be able to stick on.
Put the rubber bands through the holes made in the camera mount. And then stick it through the loop at the end of the rubber band so that it will be attached to everything else.
Step 5: The Popsicle Sticks
Step 6: Putting the String On
Step 7: Attaching It All to the Kite String
Next take the string and tie a knot so that it will stay in place.
Next take the other fishing hook thing and repeat, 2 feet from the other one.
Step 8: Finishing It Up
Last and final, take the camera put Velcro on it stick it on and you are ready to fly. You can change the angle of how the camera is pointing by moving the rubber bands from one hook to the other. I hope you have just as much success with this design as I did! Good luck!
If you have any questions or comments, no matter how minor please leave a comment so that I can improve my instructable.