Easier said than done, right? Maybe not; maybe we just need to delve a bit deeper. Perhaps the cold depths of the sea are a good place to start!
Enter the Jellyfish costume. It’s cheap, you can build it yourself, it shows off your creativity, and it will help you in darkness, rain or shine. Not to mention, it is a serious conversation piece!
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, will require the following:
• A clear, bell shaped umbrella
• A set of tap lights (battery powered of course)
• A bag of zip ties
• Tissue paper (colors of your choosing)
• 16 feet of rubber tubing (1/4 inch diameter will work)
• Rainbow-translucent pipe cleaners
• Epoxy or super glue
• Scotch tape for odds and ends
Count out eight rainbow-translucent pipe cleaners. I chose this variety of pipe cleaners because it gives off an effervescent, electric look. It also catches light well and gives a glittering effect reminiscent of illuminated sea creatures.