Step 1: Materials
1. Shoes or boots to be shined/polished
2. Two clean rags or cloths. (The second for the creme.)
3. Boot brush
4. Polish brush
5. Shoe polish in a color that corresponds with the shoes that you are polishing; either the kind that comes in a little block in a tin or the kind that is creme. The kind in a tube is pretty self-explanatory.
Step 2: Creme Shoe Polish
1. Take one of the rags and relieve the shoe of all excess dirt and dust.
2. Take the other rag apply the shoe polish to the shoe rubbing in small circles.
3. Let the boot sit while you do the other boot. Try to let the second boot sit a little longer after you have buffed the first boot as buffing doesn't take quite as long as shining.
4. Set the second boot aside. Use the boot brush to buff the first boot. Remember to use long strokes that go beyond the edge of the boot.
Step 3: Block Shoe Polish
1. Again, relieve the shoe of dust and dirt.
2. This time, use the polish brush. Rub the bristles gently into the polish and apply to the boot in small circles.
3. Set the first boot aside and let it sit as you polish the second boot.
4. Use the boot brush to buff the first boot. Remember to use long strokes that go beyond the edge of the boot.