Introduction: Shrimp Cornbread (Cajun Recipe)
Shrimp Cornbread made from scratch. Moist and delicious, this recipe will not steer you wrong. Perfect as a stand alone dish or along with red beans and rice or gumbo.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 2 Eggs
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can of cream style corn
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup white corn meal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peeled and chopped shrimp
- 1 onion chopped (small to medium onion) (Optional)
- 1 or 2 jalapeno pepper chopped (Optional)
Step 2: Step 1
Combine eggs, corn, oil, and cheese in a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly
Step 3: Step 2
Stir in corn meal, baking soda, and salt
Step 4: Step 3
Step 5: Optional - Stir in Chopped Onions and Jalapenos
Step 6: Mix It All Up
Mix until it all comes together
Pour into a cast iron skillet or 8x8 inch baking pan
Step 7: Bake, Then Eat
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes
Serve and Eat.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.