- 3lbs Algisafe: alginate- used to capture models face as safely as possible (used 1/3-1/2 of it)
- Plaster bandages 4x180 inches used about 1/2 of the roll
- Air dry clay: used about 5lbs, but it depends on your design.
- Silicone rubber: Smooth on Dragon Skin Platinum (2lb kit)
- frame to cast "monster" side of mask. I used 4 angle brackets and 1/4 X 6 X 24 inch boards. More on this later
- Plaster 15lbs
- squirel cage mixer
- Dish soap
- bald cap
Step 1: Project overview
You start by creating a positive mold of your "Actor", build up the enhancements to that character, then cast that, clean the original cast of the actor and use the two to make a two sided mask. One side gets attached to the actor, one side is the "monster" that was created.