This instuctable was made by George Sakalidis
from Larissa Greece
George was inspired by Acropolis
pillars and an old coin of Alexander the Great
he just happen to found near by and got to work (yeah right :-) ). Artists.. what can you say about them?
He created a silver pillar shaped ring with the old coin on top. Very inspiring and offbeat and fine creation.
Easy DIY at home with simple tools. Cheap because he uses just a little piece of silver that cost less than 13$ and made a hidden compartment that looks like solid.
Take a look at the photos to see the head of Alexander the Great.
For the ring you could use :
- a copper or brass coin &
- a 1.4mm silver sheet (a piece of 7.0mm x 3.8mm )
For your work you should use:
- paper sheet
- pen or pencil
- glue (what ever you got handy and easy to use)
- scour pad (or use the hard side of sponge you are using to wash your dishes)
- debris of soap (what ever you have but not liquid)
- leather piece (old jacket or glove or belt)
- blow torch (if you don't have any you could buy a jet lighter from ebay)
- silver solder
- 2 curved rasps (one big and one small)
- 1 half cylinder shaped rasp
- steel block ( if you don't have any use a clamp)
- 2 cylinder, one big and one smaller (if you don't have any use any metal pipes you got)