I do like to support local artists and craftsmen when possible, but at $75, this was not an option for me at the moment. In addition, I had a couple of extra branches and wood laying around. And of course, as always, if it can be built, I will build it.
I have been teaching my girlfriend how to do basic handiwork, and for this project, I largely instructed and supervised while she assembled it. She did most of the sawing, nailing, and assembling.
I hope you enjoy this instructable, and if you do, please vote for me for the Maker Mom's by clicking "vote" above.
Step 1: Supplies and Materials
- 1/2'' or 3/4'' plywood or hardwood
- branching branches ( I used 6)
- nails and/or screws (1'' or so will do)
- 2 hanging hooks
- handsaw for cutting the branches
- table saw, miter saw, chop saw, or handsaw to cut the frame.