I made this at Techshop in SF!
Step 1: Supplies
- Cut out Acrylic Circles (files in next step)
- Jump Rings
- A Clasp
- Needle Nose Pliers
Step 2: Design
The first time I printed this, the circles were under an inch in diameter and the holes I put it that would eventually connect to jump rings, cut the circles in half. I messed around with the design more and was able to get it to work by making the cut holes smaller and then making the overall circle bigger.
Then when I went to cut it for the final time, I saw I had all this extra room. With that in mind, I threw in some more circles in the circles, because wasting is bad. This ended up working well because I used the small circles with the big circles in the necklace and then came up with another very simple earring design. The third picture shows what I eventually cut out.
Step 3: Assemble
- Need: chain, pliers, jump rings, a clasp, 3 big circles and 4 small circles
- Using Jump rings, connect the circles starting with a small and alternating. You will end with a small circle.
- Take your chain and cut it (or disconnect circles) so you have two chains of the same length. Mine are each about 6.5 inches.
- Using a jump ring, attach a chain to each small circle on each end.
- Attach a clasp to the other end of one chain and either leave the other end or put a jump ring on the end of the other chain.
- You will need your entwined circles, 2 jump rings, and 2 earrings
- Using the jump rings, attach the earrings to the holes you put in the top of the entwined circles.
- Need: 6 or 8 small circles, 4 - 8 jump rings, 2 earrings
- Attach the small circles together using the jump rings (I used a total of 4 jump rings, using 3 circles for each earring.
- With the remaining 2 jump rings, connect the circle chain you have made to the earring. (I just opened the loop at the bottom of the earring and attached that directly to the hole in the top of the circle chain.)
Step 4: Wear It!
I apologize for the quality of the pictures. I'm not good at taking pictures of myself or just being in pictures in general.