This is a video tutorial on how to make a very simple crochet heart.
Follow the steps or watch the video.
You can find another great crochet heart video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXXrmlZ-CiY
Step 1: Get Your Materials
Use Tapestry yarn, for needlepoint or you can use 3, 2 or 1 strand of any lace yarn, held together.
Size F hook.
Step 2: Follow This Video With Intructions
- Make a magic loop
- Chain 3
- Make 3 Triple Crochets inside the magic loop (the first chains up count as one)
- Make 8 Double Crochets inside the magic loop
- Make 3 Triple Crochets inside the magic loop
- Chain 3
- Slip stitch on the first chain of the magic loop
- Make one chain and cut a long piece of the yarn (tail)
- Pass the yarn through with the hook
- Tighten up the stitches with the two remaining tails
- Make a knot when the heart has its shape
Step 3: Use for Many Projects
You can use the hearts as a bookmark, a decorative streamer, to embellish a gift, etc.