If your in a hurry this recipe can be done with just 5 ingredients: chicken, oil, curry sauce from a jar, naan flat bread, and some paneer if you can find it. I got Paneer for $4 at Sprouts Farmers Market, along with the Naan bread on clearance for $2 and the Madras Curry sauce for $4. The chicken was also on sale :) it was the strip kind for stir fry which saved me a little cutting.
Simple Curry and Paneer Pizza Recipe:
- About 1 1/2 lbs. chicken strips
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
- 1 Jar of premade curry of your choice; I used Madras Curry Indian Simmer Sauce by Maya Kaimal
- 2-4 pieces of Tandoori Naan
- 4 oz. Paneer cheese, or you can substitute with crumbled plain goat cheese
- *Optional- fresh cilantro garnish or chop it up and spread over the pizzas
- **Will also need a skillet, spatula or wooden spoon to stir chicken, cheese grater *optional, and a baking sheet for softer crust or right on the rack in the oven for crispier crust
Feeling adventurous and have the time to make Naan, Curry, and Paneer from scratch! Here are some links to recipes if your in such a mood...