Step 3: Make a Stickman
Please Excuse the low audio, I have a cheap microphone
Although a stickman appears every time you open Pivot, you may want to improve on it or maybe even make your own character.
To make Your own stickfigure, first open up the files tab and click on "Create Figure Type"
A new window will open up. There you can edit or create a stickfigure of your own. When you click on a segment, it will turn blue, to signify that its selected
To create a segment, you must build it on the segment provided. All segments MUST be connected.
The buttons: (From up to down)
- Add line - Add a new segment on the original segment or a new segment.
- Add Circle - Add a circle to the figure
- Toggle Segment Kind - With this button you can change a segment to a circle or Vice-versa ( other way around). With this tool, you can also turn the original segment with a circle.
- Duplicate Segment - Creates an exact copy of the selected Segment. Useful for making identical arms or legs.
- Segment Thickness - Change the thickness of the selected segment
- Static / Dynamic Segment - Probably the most Important Button in this menu. Will change the segment type of the selected segment
A static segment will not. have a handle.
A segment is shown as grey in the builder if it is static and black if it is dynamic (when it's not selected). Static segments can be rotated in the builder, but not the animation.
- Delete Segment - Deletes the selected Segment
You can activate edit mode in the stickfigure builder by cliicking Options and selecting Edit mode
In edit mode, you can change the lenghts of segments. Remember to uncheck edit mode after you change the lenght of a segment, or it might ruin your stickfigure if you move something you shouldn't have moved
To save your stickman go to File> save as
To add the character to your animation go to File> add to animation. You have to name it.
To make a stick or line as an object, simply create a character thats only a segment.