Introduction: Simple Firecracker
This is a simple / cheap firecracker you can make with four items and 5 minutes of your time.
First of all, I want to remind you that fireworks are dangerous .. even the cheap ones. I am not responsible for your actions.
With that said, let's get started.
Step 1: What You Need:
- Tape ( any kind ... duct tape, masking tape .. etc ... but scotch tape worked the best for me)
- Two nickels
- Roll of caps ( caps that you put in cap guns)
*Note: I got these caps at walmart and on each roll is 5 separate strips which is all you need for one product.
Step 2: Folding Strips
- Remove one strip from the roll.
- Fold it in half ( The long way .. see image below ).
- Fold all 5 strips.
Step 3: Wrapping Nickel
- Then take a second folded strip and make a second layer.
- Tape the end to hold it down.
- Do the same for the second nickel.
- I usually do 2 strips per nickel but you could do as many as you see fit.
- Does more strips = Louder bang ? I'm not sure .. I would think so but try and see.
Step 4: Putting Them Together:
- Tape the crap out of it.
- The image below is not the final so imagine that all taped up.
- Remember, it's not about how much tape you use, it's how tight you tape it. Compression is key.
- I used duct tape but I would highly recommend using scotch tape. I am not sure why exactly but the bang was about 5 times louder with scotch tape. However, I got more smoke using duct tape. ( Small puff of smoke .. nothing to get excited over ).
Step 5: How to Use:
Well this step is pretty obvious. Just find a hard pavement like surface and whip it as fast as possible. It should bang on impact. The bang is pretty loud depending on how well you make it and at night you can see the spark.
Have fun and be safe !
- I'll get a video here as soon as I grab some scotch tape.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.