1. Choose fruits with contrasting colors and shapes. This helps create a visually dynamic 'landscape'.
2. Avoid apples and bananas. They tend to brown quickly, making your plate look dingy.
3. Provide a separate side dish for the rinds and end bits. This will keep them from ending up back on the plate and creating a messy, picked over look.
- supply a small side dish of tooth picks so those that partake can avoid getting their hands sticky
- make a small side bowl of fresh whipped cream to dip the fruit in
Whichever fruits you end up picking, rest assured that your plate will be a hit!