So, I came up with these 'Toilet Roll Terrors', or Bog Roll Bogles, if you're from my part of the world. Essentially, it's two LEDs forming a simple circuit centred on a 'coin slot' for the watch battery that powers the whole thing. It's all put together with tape, garden wire and a toilet roll.
Read on to see how they're put together.
Step 1: You Will Need
- One standard toilet roll inner tube
- a roll of black electrician's insulating tape
- One Lithium CR 2032 watch battery
- Two coloured LEDs (red or green works best)
- Two five inch lengths of garden wire, with the plastic casing stripped off
- A craft knife
- A pair of pliers with a wire stripper
You can do this without the craft knife and pliers, they just make it much easier to cut, bend and trim things as you go.
Step 2: Prep the tube
Once you've made the central cut, gently push the battery into the slot to make sure it fits.
Finally in this step, cut two quarter inch slits at either end of the tube, ready for the LEDs.