So, I came up with these 'Toilet Roll Terrors', or Bog Roll Bogles, if you're from my part of the world. Essentially, it's two LEDs forming a simple circuit centred on a 'coin slot' for the watch battery that powers the whole thing. It's all put together with tape, garden wire and a toilet roll.
Read on to see how they're put together.
Step 1: You Will Need
- One standard toilet roll inner tube
- a roll of black electrician's insulating tape
- One Lithium CR 2032 watch battery
- Two coloured LEDs (red or green works best)
- Two five inch lengths of garden wire, with the plastic casing stripped off
- A craft knife
- A pair of pliers with a wire stripper
You can do this without the craft knife and pliers, they just make it much easier to cut, bend and trim things as you go.