Caffeine is a wonderful substance. At the beginning of a hard day's work, there is nothing better to charge up your body and mind. In the middle of a hard day's work, there is nothing better to rejuvenate your energy levels so you can finish the work day as alert and focused as you started it. And, at the start of a long night's homework load, there is nothing better to fight off the Z's.
However, there are many common caffeinated beverages to choose from, one of the best, in my opinion, is cappuccino. This Instructable gives recipe and method of preparation for simple cappuccino mix that serves as the foundation for making mixes of virtually any flavor one desires.
Step 1: Equipment Needed
- Coffee Bean Grinder or Food Processor
- Measuring Cups
- A Container to Put the Mix In
Step 2: Ingredients
- 1/2 Cup Instant Coffee*
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Non-Fat Dry Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- Flavoring (See next Step)
Step 3: Possible Flavoring Ingredients
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon and an additional 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Powdered Creamer and 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Almond Extract, or more to flavor
Step 4: Preparation
- Measure all the ingredients from Step 2 and place them in the food processor.
- Blend the ingredients into a fine powder.
- If desired, add flavoring ingredients and blend again.
- Place the mix into a container.
- Heat some water in your favorite mug or thermos.
- Stir in and dissolve the mix to flavor.