Ok, so i decided i was going to make a replica book like out of the new Battlestar Galactica.
Firstly, i knew absolutely nothing about book binding, i vaguely remember seeing an ible on it before.
All i remember from it, was that it involved poking lots of little holes in paper, i wanted quick and easy, so heres my method (i completed the entire book in the space of one day, with about 6 hours work, not bad for my first book bind?)
Secondly, it had to have two corners missing just like in BSG, this actually made it easier to cover the item in leather.
- About 50 sheets of 250gsm vanilla coloured paper (size SRA4 - 225 x 320mm)
- Pva glue, (elemers glue/wood glue)
- Some thick mounting board, or dense card (the gmjhowe special)
- One large piece of leather
- Some white thread
- Some off cuts of fabric
- a couple of sheets of wrapping paper, or parchment paper (normal paper can be used.)
- A dremal, or drill (the higher speed of the dremal makes for an easier job)
- A couple of clamps, and/or a desk clamp(vice) - You can manage with a stack of hefty books.
- A needle
- some scraps of card
- A stanley knife
- Metal rule
- set square
- your finger (the best glue spreader you can get)