Introduction: Simple Pendant Using Hot Glue Gun
In this instructable I am sharing an easy three step method on how to create simple and beautiful pendants using hot glue. Hot glue can be used to make many kinds of unusual shapes and designs, and it really does work awesomely for making all kinds of jewelry. These pendants would also make great gifts for family and friends too.
Step 1: Materials Needed
- Hot Glue Gun
- Nail Polish
- Aluminium foil
- Marker Pen
- Jump rings
- Jewellery making Stones
Step 2: Start Making Pendant
Before beginning, remember that hot glue is really hot and will dry in few seconds, So use it carefully. Also do not touch the glue to make any corrections while it is hot
- Draw different shapes in aluminium foil using Marker Pen
- Apply hot glue on these shapes. You can make full shapes as well outlines of pendants with glue
- Allow the glue to cool completely and then peel off the designs from Aluminium foil.
- If the underside of these pendants are still warm, turn over and allow the glue to dry a bit as well.
Step 3: Paint With Nail Polish
- Once the pendants are cooled you can use different shades of nail polish to draw designs you like
- Before applying nail polish, trim off any excess glue on sides with a pair of scissors
- Apply shades of nail polish on top side and allow one color to dry before applying another.
- Pierce a hole on top of pendants using a needle or safety pin
- Slightly open the jump rings and insert through the holes
- Close the jump rings by pressing with fingers.
Step 4: Finishing the Pendants
- Once again lightly glue the pendant on the side you coloured
- This will cover the nail polish and make more beautiful marbled look.
- At this time, you can also add jewellery making stones on the pendant
- Add stones as you like while the glue on top is still hot
- Allow the glue to cool completely
- Join these pendants with chains or braids
Now the beautiful Pendants are ready to wear !!!!...
Make different shapes and designs with different colors and wear them to match with your dresses. You can see the different designs of pendants I have made with hot glue here
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.