Introduction: Simple Roasted Chicken Noodle Soup in Crock Pot
Slow cooking the butter roasted chicken and the fresh vegetables in the chicken broth brings the rich flavor to this soup and makes it tastier and healthier.
Step 1: Ingredients
1) Diced Carrots - 1 Cup
2) Diced Celery - 1 Cup
3) Diced Onion - 1 Cup
4) Chicken - 3/4 Lbs
5) Chicken Broth - 1.5 L
6) Melted Butter - 2 Tbsp
7) Garlic - 2 pods
8) Instant Egg Noodles - 4 oz
9) Salt and Pepper for seasoning
Step 2: Roasting the Chicken
1) Place a pan on medium heat and add the butter.
2) Add the chicken in the pan and roast till it cooks well and browns on the outer skin. (approximately 8 -10 min )
3) Allow the the chicken to cool down completely and then shred it into small pieces. (remove the bones if any)
Step 3: Sauteing the Vegetables
1) Add all the vegetables from the ingredients list to the pan in which the chicken was roasted earlier.
2) Saute the vegetables for few minutes (approximately 5 min) and season it with salt and pepper as per taste.
Step 4: Cooking the Soup
1) Add in the sauteed vegetables, shredded chicken and chicken broth into the crock pot and set on high (2-3 hours) or on low (5-6 hours)
2) When the soup is almost done, add in the instant noodles and allow it cook for 10 - 15 min.
3) Add salt and pepper if necessary.
3) Once the soup is ready. Serve it Hot !!!
Bhawya made it!