Timelapse is cool, you know it, I know it, we all know it. But it can sometimes benefit from a little sprucing up. By making this rotating time lapse rig (or egglapse rig as we call it) you can make your time lapses that bit more exciting! And the good news is it really couldn't be any easier. Simply watch the video for the basic steps.
You will need:
- A mechanical egg timer
- A screwdriver
- Milliput or other epoxy putty
- 2 x 1/4 inch UNC nuts
- 1 x 1/4 inch bolt 1/2 inch in length
- A camera and case such as a gopro with a standard tripod mount
- Gorillapod, tripod or something else to hold the assembly.
Follow the steps outlined in the video to assemble the parts into a rotating timelapse rig.
- Milliput is hard on your hands, wear gloves, take your time and make sure its mixed thoroughly. Mix in a little more hardener if you want it to set faster, but not too much!
- Its important the nuts and bots are aligned and the thread is free from milliput or it won't work properly.
- Once you are done, use a permanent marker to draw on the body of your timer the direction of rotation. It will save you time one cold dark morning, we promise.
That's all there is to it! Have fun and feel free to post links to videos you make with this simple hack!