Introduction: Simple Safety Pin Bracelet
Using only spare beads, safety pins and some thin elastic thread, you can make safety pin bracelets of your own design!
This bracelet is easy to make and very cool to wear. Within less than 30 mins and only five steps, you can make the perfect gift for family and friends.
Below are the instructions on how to make the bracelet and other color/pattern combinations to try.
Step 1: Materials
- Plastic beads of any kind (I used perler beads, 100+ beads needed)
- Safety pins of any size (no more than 30 pins needed)
- Thin elastic thread
- A pair of scissors
Step 2: Safety Pin + Beads
The first thing is to put the plastic beads into the safety pins.
In this case I used a 2.5 cm safety pin and each pin can fit a maximum of 3 perler beads.
Note: Depending on the size of your wrist, the amount of safety pins needed would be different, but about 30 pins would be more than enough for the next step (I used 20 for my bracelet).
Step 3: Putting the Pins Together
After making about 20 pin+beads, it is time to put the pins together.
1. Line up the pins and spare beads in the pattern of:Pin - 2 beads - Pin - 2 beads......
Note: Ｍake sure the side with beads are all facing the same way.
2. Cut two pieces of thread longer than the enough to wrap you wrist.
3. Start threading it into the holes of the pins and beads.
Note: It might be easier if one side of both of the thread are taped on the table.
4. After all threading all the pins, you can continue to the next step.
Step 4: Tying Your Bracelet Together
The last step is to tie the threads of the bracelet together.
- Tie the two ends of the top thread together, and do the same for the bottom.
Note: To prevent the bracelet from falling apart, tie a double knot(or triple).
2. Cut off the extra tread and your bracelet is done! Ta-da!
Step 5: Bonus: Other Colors or Patterns to Try
Here are some other color and pattern variations you can try the next time you're making the bracelet.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.