Introduction: Simple Spicy Guacamole
This is one of my favorite summertime snacks; chips and guacamole. The best part about it is it is fresh and extremely simple to make. While you make it keep in mind that you add more or less of any of the ingredients to make it to your own taste.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 2 Ripe Avocados
- 1 Small or 1/2 Large White Onion (or any type of onion you like)
- 1 Tomato
- 1/4 Cup of Cilantro (about)
- 1/2 Jalapeno Pepper (more or less depending on your spice level)
- 1/2 Serrano Pepper (more or less depending on your spice level)
- Pinch of Salt
- Heavy Pinch of Cracked Black Pepper
Step 2: Split and Core Avocados
Cut avocados in in half then remove core by putting knife into it, and give it a slight twist until it pops out. Next while the avocados are still in the skin, slice them to make a grid. This just makes it easier when you go to remove from the skin and have to mash it up in the bowl.
Step 3: Mash Up Avocados
Remove the cubes of avocado and put them into a mixing bowl. Use a fork to mash it up to your desired constancy. You don't have to go crazy here, as we mix in the rest of the ingredients it will continue to mash up.
Step 4: Cut Up the Rest
- Slice up the Cilantro
- Cut the Tomato and Onion into small cubes
- Chop up the Peppers pretty fine (no one wants to take a bite of a large piece of pepper)
- Put it all into your mixing bowl with the avocados
- Slice off a piece of lime and squeeze that into the mix.
- Finally add a pinch of Salt and some Pepper, then mix all of your ingredients together.
Note: Save a little bit of the cilantro to garnish at the end.
Step 5: Enjoy
Garnish the top with the left over cilantro, grab some chips and dig in!!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.