Introduction: Simple Spider Cake
You will need
- one box of white vanilla cake mix
- purple,orange and black (food colouring)
- white buttercream frosting
First make the cake batter (instructions on box)
- separate the mix into three bowls as close to equal amounts as possible , add purple to one bowl of cake batter ,add orange to the next and black to the last one.
- now in a round greased cake pan using a large spoon alternate the three colours of cake batter , placing a spoonful of the purple batter in the middle of the pan. Then a spoon full of orange on top of the purple batter then a spoonful of black on top of the orange and purple batter. keep alternating the batter in the same order until the batter in the bowls has filled up the baking pan.
- Take a toothpick and starting from the middle point in the batter drag it to the edge of the pan . Repeat this 7 times starting from the middle of the batter in the pan and drag it towards the edge of the pan. Make sure you space the lines out enough like the points of a star, creating a spiderweb.
- Follow the baking instructions on the box of cake mix. Once your cake is cooled, add some orange or purple food colouring to 1 cup of buttercream frosting and add black food colouring to half a cup of buttercream frosting.
- Frost your cake with the colour frosting you chose , you can really do any colour combination you like even a black frosted cake with a white spider web, or three different colours for the batter as well.