This particular time I made a blended carrot, squash, and zucchini soup.
Step 1: 1 - Choosing your variation
Below are a few variations but feel free to explore and try your own.
- Spices = 1 part Rosemary, 2 parts Thyme; Salt, .Pepper to taste; Parsley as a garnish or a topping
- Liquid = Veggie or chicken stock
- Veggies = A mixture of the following; squash, cauliflower, zucchini, carrots*, parsnip*, potatoes, sweet potatoes*, onions
- Oil = I use sunflower or almond.
*If adding in parsnip, sweet potatoes or carrots you will get a slightly sweeter soup, which means you might also want to add in nutmeg, and paprika.
- Spices = 25% rosemary, 30% curry, 15% clove, 15% paprika, 15% nutmeg,
- Liquid = water
- Veggies = parsnip, and/or carrots. The primary mixture in this should consist of carrots
- Oil = I use coconut.
Potato and Cauliflower
- Spices = chives, parsley, thyme - to taste
- Liquid = water or chicken stock
- Veggies = Cauliflower and Potato
- Oil = Almond or sunflower
- Spices - This depends on how much veggie flavor you want to be in the finished product...
- Veggies/Liquid - this should be a 1:1 or 2:3 ratio with the veggies. (Liquid:Veggies)
- Oil - Just enough to coat the veggies with
Step 2: 2 - Cut and Season Veggies
Cut the veggies you picked into 1-2 inch cubes or slices.
If using the oven also add oil by sprinkling the oil on to of the veggies and shaking the pan, to coat all the veggies.
If using the crock pot or boiling it is optional to use oil.
(Sorry forgot to take a picture of the added spices.)
Step 3: 3 - Cook the veggies
If you are boiling them - let them become slightly tender. Boil them in the liquid you choose to use (i.e. water, or stock).
If you bake them - 350 degrees Fahrenheit, for 16-22 minutes.
If you put them in a crock pot - put them in medium or low until they are tender. Make sure you put enough liquid to cover the main portion of the veggies.
Step 4: 4 - Blend the veggies
Now while the mixture is still hot blend the soup.
This can be done with a hand blender directly into a pot or your crock pot. The soup does not have to be hot while blending if you do not feel comfortable doing this step while it is hot. Just re-heat in a microwave later.