This Water Filter is very easy and quick to make. Most, if not all the materials can be found in or around your house. A Water Filter can be a necessary survival item if you have no access to clean water.
- Water Bottle
- Scissors or Knife
- Coffee Filter, Cotton Balls, or fabric.
- Sand or charcoal
- Large gravel or small rocks
- Cup to hold filtered and non-filtered water.
1) Using your scissors or knife, cut of the very end of the water bottle like so...
2) Using your knife, scissors, or anything sharp, make a small hole in the center of the cap. Make sure the cap is on tight!
In my case i used a small screwdriver and easily made a nice hole in the center.
A knife or scissors work just as well.
3) Now stick your coffee filter (or cotton balls or fabric) through the hole and down by the cap. You may have to cut the size of the coffee filter down to make it fit in the bottle. I had to use a pen to push the coffee filter down to the bottom.
4) Now get your sand or crushed charcoal and fill up the bottle about 2 inches.
5) Next, add your gravel into the bottle. Around 2 inches of gravel should be enough.
6) Finally add your larger gravel or small rocks into the bottle. Again, 1-2 inches is enough.
Your water filter is now complete! Just put the filter over your cup for filtered water.
With the other cup, pour the dirty/muddy water into the filter.
Watch your dirty water come out filtered!
Boil the filtered water to completely rid of all bacteria and such!