Introduction: Simple Wooden Go-Kart- Materials
4 wagon wheels
1 Plastic Chair
2 Threaded Rods able to support (100lbs) each
2(2x4 planks of wood)
1(2x6 plank of wood)
1 screw plate
1 Lawn Chai
Step 1: Putting Together the Frame
- cut your 2x4 planks of wood 261/2 inches long
- cut your 2x6 planks of wood 43
- Set up your planks as shown in the picture
- Use a 3cm drill to drill through both planks of wood for the pivot point
- Put one washer on top of the hole and two between the two planks and one on the bottom of the two planks.
- Then Insert the half threaded bolt through the two holes in the plank so that it secures the two planks together.
- next insert two bolts onto the protruding end of the bolt to secure the two planks together.
- Then Screw in two 2 inch screws as shown in the picture to secure the rear frame plank and the center plank together.
- Next use a screw plate and six 1 inch screws as shown in the picture to add more support (make sure that you use the inner 6 holes on the screw plate to put the screws into.
- Now you are done assembling the frame.
Step 2: Attaching Axle/Wheels
- Flip over the frame of your go-kart to the bottom side
- on your back plank measure 4 inches from the edge of the wood and make a mark (make sure your mark is in the center of the wood)
- Repeat the second step for the other end of the wood
- Now drill into were you marked 3/4's of and inch.(repeat this for the other mark).
- Screw in the eyehooks into the hole make sure both sides are level so the threaded rod can pass through both eyehooks.
- Put the threwded rod through both eyehooks
-Now Ziptie the threaded rod to the top of the eyehook so I sits firmly on the eyehook. Put for Zipties on each side of the wood.
- Now screw on a nut about two inches onto both sides of the threaded rod then slide on a washer.
- Insert the wheel onto to both ends of the threaded rod followed by a washer and a lock nut. Make sure the wheel can move freely without moving the axel.
- Repeat these steps on the front side of the cart.
Step 3: Attaching the Chair and Rope.
- Get a Lawn Chair.
- Saw off the legs of the lawn chair.
- Drill a hole 6 inches apart in the center of the lawn chair. (This depends on your lawn chair)
- Drill in your screw 3 inches through the chair.
Now it's time to attach the rope
- Get your rope
- Ties the two ends of the rope three inches away from the end of each side of wood.
- Make sure you can stear and turn with the rope
Now you have a wooden go-kart!
Step 4: Test Run
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.