Introduction: Simple But PAINFUL 20,000 V Taser
All you need is my cap charger, plus some other parts and you are ready to shock!
Step 1: Tools and Material
Stuff you need:
- Wire (red/black 1mm outer diameter)
- GDT (gas discharge tube or spark gap) 230V or 350V
- MKP capacitor (or comparable) 400VDC 0.47 -1.0µF
- AAA holder
- AAA cell
- Momentary switch
- Pulse transformer / ignition coil
- Wire cutters / scissors
- Soldering iron
- Hot glue /+gun
Step 2: Instructions
1. Get your cap charger
2. Cut out a hole for the switch
3. Drill or melt 2 1mm holes into the front, and attach the coil as shown in the video
4. Solder GDT to the coil
5. Solder the MKP to the other pin of the coil
6. Connect GDT to MKP+ (the MKP is not polarized, but + is where +input from the charger goes :)
7. Connect MKP+ to cap charger+OUT, and MKP- (connected to coil), to charger-OUT
8. Solder the switch to charger+IN, and the battery holder+
9. Solder charger-IN to battery holder-
10. Put in the AAA and test fire :>
Step 3: Instructional Video
Check the video to see what I did there....and how !
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.