It's easy to make - took me two days only because I had problems with a poor paint that didn't want to dry up. It's also quite materials- and tools-efficient - very little is needed for quite a good effect. Here's a list of what you will need (the measurements were determined by the size of my painting, but are easily modified):
- 2x 880x20x10 (stretcher)
- 2x 1280x20x10 (stretcher)
- 2x 980x32x18 (construction frame)
- 2x 1380x32x18 (construction frame)
- 2x 850x90x10 (outside frame)
- 2x 1250x90x10 (outside frame)
- 2 thin flat 'slices' of metal (I used old overdoor hangers)
- Paint & varnish
- Files and sanding paper
If you like the painting itself and would like to contact the artist, write me, he may consider other painting requests!
Step 1: Stretcher
Now stretch the painting on the stretcher.