Introduction: Simple Flash Head Diffuser
Diffuser attached with velcro, very simple to make.
- flexible, translucent sheeting. Plastic from one of those lightweight binders will do fine
- hook velcro, preferably self-adhesive
- stapler (if the velcro isn't self-adhesive or just to give it extra strength)
- scissors or craft knife, ruler and cutting board
- the flash head has already been equipped with a Honl-type speedstrap. For this I substitute a double sided velcro strip which is kept from slipping by a piece of non-slip mat or by a coating of bathtub silicone.
Step 1: Cut the Material and Attach the Velcro
Find out what size would be reasonable. I used the width of the flash head plus 2cm (1") either side. For the length it just needs to be able to form a reasonable curve as show in the Intro.
Enough allowance should be made for attaching the velcro. I also stapled the velcro in case the adhesive gave way.
Step 2: Attach to Flash Head
This assumes the flash head has already been equipped with a Honl-type speedstrap. For this I use a double sided velcro strip which is kept from slipping by a piece of non-slip mat or by a coating of bathtub silicone.
Simply attach the diffuser as shown.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.