Introduction: Simple Garden Sprinkler With Pressure Booster Home Made.
This new accomplishment is the initial part of a more complex irrigation system that I'm going to install in my vegetable garden near 2012.
It is a system of supply of rainwater through a system of pipes.It is also equipped with a small compressor to give a little water pressure to get to the farthest point of the garden.
Everything was built with material recovery for the most part, or at best with low cost material.
Step 1: The Componets
The main components are:
1) a tank 25 liters (of a certain ruggedness)
2) a small compressor for inflating bicycle tires
3) irrigation hose
4) rigid tube (recovered from an old electrical equipment from outside)
5) a few meters of flexible tube with a diameter of about 5 mm.
6) hot glue
7) other little accessory material
In this first project I dealt with irrigation of my tomatoes; I'll hope afterwards, by explaining it with another instructable, irrigation of the rest of the seedlings of my vegetable garden.
However already in this realization are the main components of the next.
This irrigation system is very simple: it is to create a pvc pipe of small adduction ducts to allow water into a which is strictly necessary.
In my case it was run in the tube (already prepared previously with a final cap and with the input adapter to allow the insertion of the coupling of the feeding tube,) the holes needed for each tomato to allow the entrance of the tube arrived at the plant itself.
As you can see, I run the holes with a sharp angle compared to the tube so as to encourage greater output of water (by output tube in position "in favour of the current water"), also through a particular form that I obtained by cutting the small hose in order to offer more surface possible to "draft" of water to the inside of the tube "mother".
I also placed these holes in alternating fashion to have a constant stream of water
After each output tube I have pasted the fillet surface with hot glue to avoid undesired spillage of water.
Step 3: First Test
Clearly, both the total size of the main pipe and the respective lengths of adduction pipes, established after I measured and marked their positions by placing the tube.
Then I proceeded to the insertion tube "children" and fixing them with hot glue, placing them for about 2 cm on the inside and taking care to position them so that their shape is exploited in "oblique" to promote the release of water.
I plugged in the flexible tube for a first try ... I open the faucet and ... go ...IT WORKS!!!!
Even without press anything else, only with the pressure exerted by the water column of the bin you can also reach the last plant which is about 4 metres
It is clear that if you want a little extra pressure is necessary to create an artificial pressure system similar to "pressure" booster "in use in condominiums to many plans where necessary, through these systems, elevate the water pressure at acceptable levels.
We'll make something that looks like (as a concept), but that has no claim, if not to achieve sufficient pressure to reach even the most remote from our garden.
I proceeded then to perforate the stopper of the barrel so that it can enter the pressure hose.
I then run another larger hole to accommodate a home made safety valve.
As you can see in figure this safety valve is completely homemade and is actually the imitation of a pressure switch or a switch to a switch, pressure: this place in series with the compressor will interrupt the power supply to the compressor itself when the pressure detected by the membrane will be more than the value that we have established ourselves with field trials.
The membrane consists of a piece of rubber bicycle air Chamber.
However, I would suggest something more subtle to have greater sensitivity of detection.
It is clear that the calibration of the sensor is one thing that should be done with care and it is equally clear that I do not assume any responsibility concerning damages to things or people or animals arising from the incorrect execution of these steps or others present in this instructable: it is also a home made and thus cannot have NO reliability.
This is an experimental implementation and therefore goes untreated as such: keep it under control while it is running, and if you also dismiss, release pressure, (or by opening the CAP or some other alternative way) after removing the engine power of small compressor.
Step 5: The Final Result
To give the whole a certain solidity built a small compressor support so they remain firmly anchored to the bin.
Support I fixed this the compressor switch.
The safety pressure switch is in series with the circuit and then stops the current flow when the pressure reaches a certain level.
In addition to this maximum pressure switch (which is a active safety) I built another safety system which is a passive system, consisting of a similar system but in this case the membrane is free to expand, in case the pressure reaches exaggerated levels due to a poorly functioning active valve to allow the venting of pressure in this small "sweet spot" thatIf the compressor continues to run, will expand like a balloon until, at least, to explode without damage if not to the valve itself, which in this case will be replaced, of course after I found the reason of malfunction.
In the coming days perfect this instructable accompanied by another video improved and with a little more detailed explanations.
I RECOMMEND ALL THOSE WHO WANT TO BUILD THIS REALIZATION THE UTMOST CAUTION AT ALL TIMES AND I HAVE NOW FROM ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ACCIDENT THAT MAY OCCUR TO ANYONE TO SCORE THIS INSTRUCTABLE.
That being said thank you all for your attention and I invite you, if you feel you want to votarmi without hesitation.
Thanks again and see you soon!!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.