The first part will address the electric imp and how we connect a resistor and Thermistor to create a very simple circuit called a voltage divider and use the imp's built in analog to digital converter to take a reading and calculate what the temperature is. I'll also go into some detail on how the circuit and it's components work.
Step 1: How it all fits together and what you need
Your web server receives this as parameters attached to the URL, logs it, and displays the result.
You're going to need the following:
• electric imp
• Sparkfun electric imp Breakout (April board)
• Thermistor - NTC 4.7Kohms 2% Radial as the temperature sensor.
• 10k ohm Resistor 1% 1/4W
• Some connectors (I used):
o Stackable Header - 1 x 10 – Standard as it allows me to plug into a breadboard, but also access from the top.
o Break away headers - straight - brake off three pins for the jumper connection to select USB/Battery
• Some hookup wire (I use a 40P 80mm dupont wire, male-male terminated with pins and tear off what I need).
• And a breadboard to put it together on
• A USB cable for power.
I got all my parts from Electron Hobbies.