I am entering this instructable into the Photography Contest and Design Competition. Please feel free to vote for this instructable.
Here are some common uses:
> make videos on your own when you need an extra set of hands to hold the camera (how-to videos, etc)
> take photos with friends and family where everyone is in the picture, no one needs to hold the camera and be left out of the picture!
> small scrap pieces of wood
> 4 screws 1" long
> 1/4" bolt 2.5” long, washer and nut
> 2 elastic bands
> small piece of drawer liner
> multi-purpose glue
> drill and 1/4" drill bit
> 1/4" wrench
Step 1: Making the Four Legs
2) Stack all four legs on top of each other and align the edges. Using the drill and 1/4" drill bit, drill a hole through all four legs close to one end of the legs. This will ensure that the hole is in roughly the same position for all four legs.
Step 2: Making the Camera Phone Mount Part 1
2) Using the saw cut the three pieces of wood to the dimensions shown in the picture.
3) Using the drill and 1/4" drill bit, drill a hole through the center of piece A.
Step 3: Making the Camera Phone Mount Part 2
2) Similarly, screw together pieces A and B.
Step 4: Making the Camera Phone Mount Part 3
2) Place the drawer liner over the mount and roughly trace out the size and shape.
3) Cut the piece of drawer liner to the traced size and shape. I cut mine a bit oversized to make sure all hard wooden surfaces are covered.
4) Glue your cut drawer liner to the mount with multi-purpose glue (I used Weldbond) and allow to dry.
Step 5: Assembly
Note: if the holes are too tight and you have difficulty putting the bolt through the pieces, try rotating the bolt clockwise while pushing the bolt in. This will cause the bolt to thread itself in and make it easier.
2) Once you get the bolt through all the pieces, place the washer and nut on the bolt and tighten it.
3) Put the two elastic bands onto the mount as shown in the picture.