Introduction: Single LED Flashlight on 9 Volt !!
This I'ble shows how to make a single LED flashlight from a 9v battery, that LASTS MORE THAN 200 HOURS !!! Unlike normal ones which last between 5 to 10 hours.
Step 1: Components Needed:
1) 9v battery
2) 9v clip
3) 2k ohm 1/4 watt resistor (even higher wattage would do, like 1/2 watt, which has slightly thicker wires)
Increase resistance to higher value, say 6.7k ohm or 10k ohm, if you are using lower rating led otherwise the led would burn out
decrease it to 1k, if you have a worn out battery.
4) Insulation Tape
5) LED - colour of ur choice
Step 2: Assemble Them
1. Connect the resistor to the negative of the led.
2. Then connect the clip - red wire to positive of the led and resistor + led leg to the negative wire of the clip.
Done, simple !
Step 3: Final Results !!
See the pics !
Green Light aids night vision
Red light aids night vision
yellow light keeps mosquitoes at bay
blue is so cool !
Step 4: Important Advice to All: (Please Read)
• Works on a single 9 Volt Battery
• Just separate the lid from the battery when not needed for use
• Lasts Much Much Longer than conventional flashlights - upto 200 hours, as compared to just 4-5 hours in normal flashlights!!!
• Aids in Night Vision because of colour choice (Green)
*** You can make a sensor version and attach it to your zip coat or pocket so that it automatically lights up when in a dark place or when entering your room / home. No fumbling for light switch !
• Flash Light
• Night Light
• Mood Light
• Floor Light
• Reading Light
• Travel Light – Occupies virtually NO space !
• Morning / Evening walk light – use rubber band to tie to wrist or just put it in pocket
• Help kids overcome fear of darkness, by encouraging them to go with it
• Noiseless Diwali / festival Gift
Possible Gifting Ideas:
• As an educational toy to different children
• Innovative Gift to friends & relatives
• For elder citizens as floor light in rooms or night light to aid vision at night
• For charitable purposes to various institutions
Step 5: Vote, Rate, Post Pics & Comment !
So please go ahead and MAKE SOME !! And dont forget to vote, rate, post pics and comment !!