This instructable was created in fulfillment of the project requirement of the Makecourse at the University of South Florida (www.makecourse.com).
For this project, you will need:
- SolidWorks (for viewing the attached assembly)
- 3D printing software
- Arduino kit
- Arduino board
- A pack of wires
- Stepper motor
- LCD screen
- IR sensor
- 2-56 Screws, washers, and nuts
- A motor
Step 1: Print
- Download the attached STL files and open them with your 3D printing software.
- Print all parts, including the box.
Step 2: Assemble
Watch the video below for a 3D model assembly guide.
Step 3: Breadboard Assembly
Watch the video and see the attached photos to learn how to assemble the breadboard, along with the functionality of each component.
Step 4: Code
Download the Sisyphus and Functions codes and watch the video for a description of the components.
Step 5: FINISH
- Attach the completed structure to the lid of the box.
- Place the assembled breadboard inside the box, with the LCD screen facing out of the large front hole.
- Glue the frame of the IR sensor inside the smaller hole, facing outward.
- Screw the lid onto the box frame containing the breadboard.
- Glue your motor to the top of the lid, connecting it to one of the lower gears.
Attach a power source to the breadboard and feed it through the power hole on the left side of the box.
Congratulations! You're done!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.