Introduction: Sketchpad Featuring Gen4-uLCD-70DT
gen4 Sketchpad is an application which enables the user to draw lines and shapes. This project allows you to select different colours and sizes of the brush. Sketch can also be saved by pressing the “Save Button”. The user is allowed to create a new page or open the previous sketch in this application.
This project used the gen4-uLCD-70DCT-CLB. It has a 480×800 resolution and a sleek design which can be mounted in a bezel or a case.
Step 1: How It Works
Step 2: Build
- gen4-interface board
- 30 way FFC Cable
- uSD Card
- Mini USB Cable
- Sketchpad is a stand-alone project so no need to assemble it with other components.
- If you are using gen4-interface board and uUSB PA-5, connect the display to the PC like the image below.
Step 3: Program
- Download the project here.
- Open the project using Workshop 4. This project uses the Visi Environment.
- You can modify the properties of each widget.
- After that, Click “Paste Code”. This will copy the code for the object to your 4DGL program allowing the programmer to modify the functionality of each objects as desired.
- Click on the “Build Copy/Load” button.
- Connect the display to the PC using gen4 Interface Board and a mini USB cable. Make sure that you are connected to the right port. Red Button indicates that the device is not connected, Blue Button indicates that the device is connected to the right port.
- Now click on the “(Build) Copy/Load” button.
- Workshop 4 will prompt you to select a drive to copy the image files to a uSD Card. After selecting the correct drive, click OK.
- The module will prompt you to insert the uSD card.
Properly unmount the uSD Card from the PC and insert it to the uSD Card slot of the display module. The image above must appear on your display after completing the steps above.