This is an instructable for making jelly-like soap, that does not contain any unnatural additives that are bad for sensible skin, and which is easy to make for anyone.
Why make this instead of normal soap? Because it is fun :D
The Instructable is based on a recipe found at this blog: http://homemadebathproducts.blogspot.com/
But since we would like to share this with the users of instructables.com, we decided to make an instructable with our version of the soap :)
Step 1: Ingredients And Tools
The ingredients have been somewhat adjusted for our recipe, as we didn't want to deal with melting soap.
- 1 cup clear liquid perfumefree soap
- 1 cup water (Boiling hot)
- 1-1½ tablespoon vodka (Prevents mold or fungus)
- Soap color (fruit color MIGHT also work)
- Essential oils
- 20-30g gelatine (1-2 envelopes, danish size ;) )
- Molds, you can use anything that is not too rigid, like muffin shapes, small yoghurt cups etc.
- Measuring cup (½ or 1-cup size)
- Tablespoon for measuring
- Spoons for stirring
- 2 bowls
Suggestion: While normal soap can be kind of large without a problem, these can seem a little disgusting if they are too big. thin molds are also not recommended.
Note: We a re using other tools in the images, as they were taken while making the first batch (But gelatine really sticks to forks and the like)