Why make this instead of normal soap? Because it is fun :D
The Instructable is based on a recipe found at this blog: http://homemadebathproducts.blogspot.com/
But since we would like to share this with the users of instructables.com, we decided to make an instructable with our version of the soap :)
Step 1: Ingredients And Tools
- 1 cup clear liquid perfumefree soap
- 1 cup water (Boiling hot)
- 1-1½ tablespoon vodka (Prevents mold or fungus)
- Soap color (fruit color MIGHT also work)
- Essential oils
- 20-30g gelatine (1-2 envelopes, danish size ;) )
- Molds, you can use anything that is not too rigid, like muffin shapes, small yoghurt cups etc.
- Measuring cup (½ or 1-cup size)
- Tablespoon for measuring
- Spoons for stirring
- 2 bowls
Suggestion: While normal soap can be kind of large without a problem, these can seem a little disgusting if they are too big. thin molds are also not recommended.
Note: We a re using other tools in the images, as they were taken while making the first batch (But gelatine really sticks to forks and the like)
Step 2: Preparing Gelatine
- Measuring cup
1: Place the gelatine in one of the bowls.
2: Pour the water over (Make sure it is VERY hot, as it's hard to dissolve such a large amount of gelatine).
3: Stir WELL, till the gelatine has been dissolved (almost) completely.
4: Remove undissolved lumps.